Bible Lessons For Home School  

Posted by Johnny

At the end of last school year we were better than half way through our Bible lessons that I had purchased through CLP. We have been doing these books for at least three years. We really enjoyed the books and they are chocked full of information however, the kids were getting bored with them because every book is the same. So after looking around I just decided to use some books that I already had on hand. They started with Fearfully and Wonderfully Made then I had them read In His Image. Both of these books were books I had picked up in the past to read along with their Science and then it turned out I read them and decided they were not ready to read these yet, so I've had these for a few years.




Now they are reading The New Evidence that Demands A Verdict Evidence I &II By Josh McDowell. I am also reading this book and have made it to chapter 3. I am so impressed by this book, because it is so through. I am so impressed that I felt like I needed to share it on my blog. First off I would recommend everyone buy the book. This book is for every New and Old Christians. The book is a book of Apologetics. Apologetics means to give a defense of what one believes to be true, in this case the Bible and it's teachings. 1 Peter 3:15 - "but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet in gentleness and reverence." (I have the hardest time with the last part!)

As I post points about the book I will try to label them so if you miss something you can easily catch up by searching through the labels. I am not sure how often I will post, but more than likely it will be at least once a week. I look forward to learning more about God's word and sharing it with you.


This entry was posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

My Favorites